Software engineer with over 3 years of experience and a BS in computer science. Currently at the California Energy Commission developing software to fight climate change and serve California's energy needs.
Lead Software Engineer
California Energy Commission
February 2019 - Present
- Developing software to advance clean energy policy, energy efficiency, renewable energy development, and investment in energy and transportation innovation for California.
California Department of Social Services
October 2016 - February 2019
- Designed, developed, and supported software that helps millions of Californians in need by providing services for home care, community care facilities, CalFresh, independent adoptions, refugee admissions, child abuse prevention, and more.
Software Engineer Intern
June 2015 - September 2015
- Developed a keystore management security web application as part of an identity and access management (IAM) system for ABC News’ main content management system (CMS).
- Wrote application using Java, an in-house Groovy MVC web framework similar to Grails (Groovy on Rails), MySQL, Tomcat, Maven, and Git.
- Developed features for creating, storing, managing permissions, retrieving, deleting, and rotating cryptographic keys for symmetric and public key infrastructure (PKI). Supported RSA, HMAC, and more.
Software Engineer Instructor
iD Tech Camps - University of Washington
May 2014 - August 2014
- Taught high school-level programming summer camp courses in Java, C++, object-oriented programming, and GUIs with Swing in partnership with the University of Washington.
- Mentored students in developing personal software projects; pair programmed and debugged with them when necessary.